Namaskaram - salutations

Namaskaram - salutations I dedicate my blog to the enormous art lovers across the globe I love knitting so much that I have started a blog for knitting.Knitting is a job that I will like to go on.Through knitting I breathe life into many people's life. It is knitting time. When I want to relax I do it with knitting. I am a knitting buff.I love to do knitting on various topics. There is no way that you can stop me doing knitting.I am born with a flare for knitting.My face brightens once I touch the knitting needs.The electronic media has helped knitting to travel across the world.Every stitch made will talk about how knitting has influenced people.I have done some and would like to share it with you. Some patterns have been taken from free knitting sites. Some designs have been created by me. Many a times I have modified the patterns to suite my requirements. Finally I can say that I breathe knitting, I talk knitting, I walk knitting - a total knitaholic

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your appreciations are most welcome

My sweet buddies

Monday, February 7, 2011

Safety - survival kit

Survival Kit
When a disaster hits like a tornado, flood, an evacuation, or a long term power outage occurs in your area will you be prepared or not. Why not have a (72 Hour Survival Kit) handy just in case and emergency happens.
1. Flashlight and spare batteries, or one of the crank flashlights.
2. Radio and batteries or one of the crank type radios.
3. First aid kit.
4. Candles and waterproof matches or a lighter.
5. Extra car keys and cash including coins for pay phones as the debit machines might not work, and make sure you have your cell phone and your charger for the car.
6. Important papers identification for everyone, and personal documents.
7. Food and bottled water for everyone in the family at least 3 days worth.
8. Disposable plates, knives, forks, spoons, cups, and garbage bags.
9. Fuel stove such as a Coleman stove for cooking.
10. Clothing and footwear one change per person for 3 days.
11. Blankets and sleeping bags for each person.
12. Toilet paper, diapers and personal needs for each person.
13. Medication, (and what it is for) eyeglasses, list of prescriptions, and doctors name and phone number.
14. Pet supplies for your pets and their recent vaccination records.
15. Playing cards, games, and toys to occupy your time.
16. Get a large plastic tote label it Emergency Kit put a sticker on it as to the date when the food, water, medications, and the pet food was put in so that there is no out of date things in your kit.Have at least 4 liters of water per person per day and 3 liters per pet.Food for the kit should be, canned meats, soups, stews, beans, vegetables, fruits, honey, peanut butter, jams, and canned milk. The dry food should be crackers, biscuits, cookies, instant coffee, tea bags, sugar, salt, pepper, and powdered milk.
Now you are all set for an emergency, and let’s hope it never happens.
By Michelle Welch from Sarnia, Ontario Canada

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...