Namaskaram - salutations

Namaskaram - salutations I dedicate my blog to the enormous art lovers across the globe I love knitting so much that I have started a blog for knitting.Knitting is a job that I will like to go on.Through knitting I breathe life into many people's life. It is knitting time. When I want to relax I do it with knitting. I am a knitting buff.I love to do knitting on various topics. There is no way that you can stop me doing knitting.I am born with a flare for knitting.My face brightens once I touch the knitting needs.The electronic media has helped knitting to travel across the world.Every stitch made will talk about how knitting has influenced people.I have done some and would like to share it with you. Some patterns have been taken from free knitting sites. Some designs have been created by me. Many a times I have modified the patterns to suite my requirements. Finally I can say that I breathe knitting, I talk knitting, I walk knitting - a total knitaholic

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your appreciations are most welcome

My sweet buddies

Monday, February 7, 2011

Stretching the life of cut flowers

Stretching the life of cut flowers
•With a sharp utility knife or garden shears cut stems ends at a 45-degree angle. Remove leaves half inch above water line. There should not be leaves in the stem when the stem is in water.Ensure stems are not crushed so that it can have a better water uptake. Only bare stems should be submerged.
•Fill the vase with lukewarm water for better absorption.
•In addition to the preservative packet that comes with the flowers add a crushed aspirin; the carbohydrate content nourishes the stem and the analgesic aspect helps open the stem for better water intake.
•Change the water very other day so prevent bacterial growth.
•Remove dying blooms; they give off ethylene gas, which causes other flowers to wilt

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...