Namaskaram - salutations

Namaskaram - salutations I dedicate my blog to the enormous art lovers across the globe I love knitting so much that I have started a blog for knitting.Knitting is a job that I will like to go on.Through knitting I breathe life into many people's life. It is knitting time. When I want to relax I do it with knitting. I am a knitting buff.I love to do knitting on various topics. There is no way that you can stop me doing knitting.I am born with a flare for knitting.My face brightens once I touch the knitting needs.The electronic media has helped knitting to travel across the world.Every stitch made will talk about how knitting has influenced people.I have done some and would like to share it with you. Some patterns have been taken from free knitting sites. Some designs have been created by me. Many a times I have modified the patterns to suite my requirements. Finally I can say that I breathe knitting, I talk knitting, I walk knitting - a total knitaholic

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your appreciations are most welcome

My sweet buddies

Monday, February 7, 2011

Working outdoors on hot days

Working outdoors on hot days? Heatstroke is the most severe type of heat exhaustion, often resulting from exercise or heavy exertion in hot environments combined with inadequate fluid intake. When working in the heat, heed the warning signs of heat exhaustion and get out of the heat before a serious problem develops. What makes heatstroke severe and potentially life-threatening is that the body’s normal mechanisms for dealing with heat stress, such as sweating, aren’t working properly. Take these steps to reduce your risk of heat-related injury if you work outdoors in hot weather. Wear loose-fitting, lightweight, light-colored clothing. Drink plenty of fluids, even if you are not thirsty. A good rule of thumb is to drink two to four 8-ounce glasses of cool fluids each hour. Avoid drinking alcohol or sugary drinks. Rest frequently in a cool spot. If possible, work with a buddy so that you can monitor each other for signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion, such as heavy sweating or a rapid pulse. If you have those problems, it’s time to stop and cool down. Signs and symptoms of heatstroke, the most serious kind of heat exhaustion includes: High body temperature, generally more than 104º F, Cessation of sweating, Rapid and shallow breathing, Irritability, confusion or unconsciousness, Rapid heart rate and pulse. If you notice such signs or symptoms, get the person into a cool place and call your local emergency number -Mayo Clinic- By Anonymous from USA.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...