Namaskaram - salutations

Namaskaram - salutations I dedicate my blog to the enormous art lovers across the globe I love knitting so much that I have started a blog for knitting.Knitting is a job that I will like to go on.Through knitting I breathe life into many people's life. It is knitting time. When I want to relax I do it with knitting. I am a knitting buff.I love to do knitting on various topics. There is no way that you can stop me doing knitting.I am born with a flare for knitting.My face brightens once I touch the knitting needs.The electronic media has helped knitting to travel across the world.Every stitch made will talk about how knitting has influenced people.I have done some and would like to share it with you. Some patterns have been taken from free knitting sites. Some designs have been created by me. Many a times I have modified the patterns to suite my requirements. Finally I can say that I breathe knitting, I talk knitting, I walk knitting - a total knitaholic

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your appreciations are most welcome

My sweet buddies

Friday, March 11, 2011

Hair color

It is to be noted that even the heroes of ancient Greece used harsh soaps and bleaches to lighten and redden their hair . This was done primarily to be identified as these colors were associated with honour and courage. Even during the first-century Romans preferred dark hair. This was made so by a dye concocted from boiled walnuts and leeks. Things have not changed much over centuries. More and more youngsters are experimenting with styles. Perming, dyeing and straightening hair seems to be a new fashion statement.This is popular among the teens and younger people. Warning - it is to be noted that one must thoroughly understand the risks factors that are involved when you dye your hair.

4 comments:

Mira said...

Styles, restyled. All the olden days fashion is now getting attraction from the youngsters of today. Inner beauty has lost its charm because of the craze & consciousness for outer beauty. Many indulge themselves in modern styling chemicals forgetting the risk factors attached to it.

nityakalyani said...

Very true Mira - in those days natural dyes were used. Styles were carved that would go well with an individual. Hence all precautions were taken while mixing to suite an individuals body acceptance.

satchitananda said...

Many of the chemical dyes used cause allergies and may damage the hair. Unfortunately commercial interests prevent manufacturers to adequately warn customers of associated risks. Even if that is done, it is always in very small letters, which one would not take the trouble to read.

nityakalyani said...

Yes Satchi said - no satutary warning is given nor the side effects . When I used I just got a heavy dandruff and I had a hell lot of time to remove it. Hence now I do not use any of these stuff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...