Namaskaram - salutations

Namaskaram - salutations I dedicate my blog to the enormous art lovers across the globe I love knitting so much that I have started a blog for knitting.Knitting is a job that I will like to go on.Through knitting I breathe life into many people's life. It is knitting time. When I want to relax I do it with knitting. I am a knitting buff.I love to do knitting on various topics. There is no way that you can stop me doing knitting.I am born with a flare for knitting.My face brightens once I touch the knitting needs.The electronic media has helped knitting to travel across the world.Every stitch made will talk about how knitting has influenced people.I have done some and would like to share it with you. Some patterns have been taken from free knitting sites. Some designs have been created by me. Many a times I have modified the patterns to suite my requirements. Finally I can say that I breathe knitting, I talk knitting, I walk knitting - a total knitaholic

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your appreciations are most welcome

My sweet buddies

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Cable scarf


Viraja Bhandarkar Aruna Acharya  in the Fb page of https://www.facebook.com/groups/passionateabtfibrearts/ shared  a pattern of knitting a simple cabled scarf  from the blog http://knottoohard.blogspot.in/2010/11/simple-cable-scarf.html. Inspired from it I made some changes in the pattern and completed it. It is 7 inches wide n 30 inches in length. The original pattern has been done in st.stitch [ one row knit n one row purl] I used a basket weave st. I always add 2 sts at the beginning and the end as this will be my selvage sts


I always use some waste yarns as stitch markers to identify the stitches 

stitch markers help us when we have to alter the sts [pattern]


Take a cable needle and insert it on your LH needle and place it on the cable needle

second stitch on to the cable needle

third st on to the cable needle

hold the cable needle with sts in front of the work

now  the needles held will look like this

now insert the RH needle to the LH needle  and knit 3 sts from the LH needle


knit all the three sts from the LH needle and it will look like in the below pic


now insert the RH needle to the cable needle


knit the first st from the cable needle

knit the 2 nd st from the cable needle

when you knit the 3 rd stitch from the cable it will look like 

after knitting the 3 sts from cable needle place a marker and follow the pattern


now complete the pattern as per your desired length.

Feel free to ask your doubts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...