Namaskaram - salutations

Namaskaram - salutations I dedicate my blog to the enormous art lovers across the globe I love knitting so much that I have started a blog for knitting.Knitting is a job that I will like to go on.Through knitting I breathe life into many people's life. It is knitting time. When I want to relax I do it with knitting. I am a knitting buff.I love to do knitting on various topics. There is no way that you can stop me doing knitting.I am born with a flare for knitting.My face brightens once I touch the knitting needs.The electronic media has helped knitting to travel across the world.Every stitch made will talk about how knitting has influenced people.I have done some and would like to share it with you. Some patterns have been taken from free knitting sites. Some designs have been created by me. Many a times I have modified the patterns to suite my requirements. Finally I can say that I breathe knitting, I talk knitting, I walk knitting - a total knitaholic

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your appreciations are most welcome

My sweet buddies

Friday, October 13, 2017

2. Somakanta's life as a king - Ganesha purana

2. Somakanta’s life as a king
from Sri Ganesha Purana by Dr.Akila Sivaraman

Kamandha who was born as the prince of Sowrashtra was known as Somakanta in this birth. He married Sudanmai and ascended the throne after his father. As he was destined to enjoy all pleasures of life, as a gift for building a temple for Lord Vinayaka in his previous birth, he had absolutely an excellent tenure as a famous king. His kingdom was peaceful and all his subjects were totally pleased with his rule. He was duly blessed with a son whom he called Emakanta. The handsome prince was brought up with all care and love.

As time passed by, Somakanta reached the stage when he had to suffer for the sins of his previous birth. He was affected with leprosy, which could not be cured by the doctors of the land. The intensity of the disease was on the increase, day after day and Somakanta suffered a hell beyond description. He decided to renounce the world, leave his family and kingdom and retire to a far-off forest.

The first step he took to implement his decision was to make his son ascend the throne. The people of the country had a new ruler, but still everyone loved their old king Somakanta. When he announced his decision to go to the forest alone, everyone including his wife and son followed him. As Somakanta did not want to inflict his personal suffering on his kith and kin and the people of the land, he pleaded with them to leave him alone.

After a good deal of persuasion, the new king Emakanta agreed to take charge of the country and the people. Slowly, the ministers excepting two of them and rest of the people permitted him to go to the forest. His wife also decided to accompany him, as they were always supposed to stay together in pleasures and pain of family life.

Somakanta had to yield finally to the desire of his queen and accompanying ministers. Suphala and Jnyangamya decided to be king’s bodyguards in the forest, as he no longer required them as ministers. Sudanmai, the queen took leave of her son, the new king and asked him to pray to Lord Vinayaka for their welfare.

The tough life in the forest was the next stage to atone for Somakanta sins of the previous birth, along with the sufferings of the deadly disease. But he continued to pray to Lord Vinayaka throughout this trial.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...