Namaskaram - salutations

Namaskaram - salutations I dedicate my blog to the enormous art lovers across the globe I love knitting so much that I have started a blog for knitting.Knitting is a job that I will like to go on.Through knitting I breathe life into many people's life. It is knitting time. When I want to relax I do it with knitting. I am a knitting buff.I love to do knitting on various topics. There is no way that you can stop me doing knitting.I am born with a flare for knitting.My face brightens once I touch the knitting needs.The electronic media has helped knitting to travel across the world.Every stitch made will talk about how knitting has influenced people.I have done some and would like to share it with you. Some patterns have been taken from free knitting sites. Some designs have been created by me. Many a times I have modified the patterns to suite my requirements. Finally I can say that I breathe knitting, I talk knitting, I walk knitting - a total knitaholic

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your appreciations are most welcome

My sweet buddies

Saturday, October 14, 2017

3. Brahmahatti dosha leaves the king

3. Brahmahatti dosha leaves the king
from Sri Ganesha Purana by Dr.Akila Sivaraman

The king accompanied by his wife and two ministers, walked a long way into the forest and reached a garden where they decided to rest for some time, under the shadow of the trees.

The queen saw a pond nearby where a young boy was fetching water. She was quite surprised at the bravery of the lad, who was moving about all alone in a forest full of wild animals. She entered into a conversation with him and came to know that the boy Shivana was the son of a sage Bhrigu living nearby. The boy also learnt that the lady was a queen and her husband, the king, was resting under the shade of a tree. He also came to know the circumstances under which they had to leave the kingdom and come to the forest.

On reaching home, the young boy explained the delay in bringing water to his father, Sage Bhrigu, who chose to invite the royal guests to his hermitage.

When the king and the queen met the Sage, the king narrated the story of his deadly disease and the sufferings due to the sins of his previous birth. The Sage consoled him saying that his good period will soon commence, as he had built a temple for Lord Vinayaka in his previous birth.

But the king did not believe his words and suddenly he could feel thousands of small birds, troubling him all over the body.He at once fell at the feet of the sage and prayed.

The sage at once sprinkled holy water on his body and the feelings of the birds left the king’s body. Alongside, they saw an ugly figure coming out of the king’s body.

On enquiry by the sage, it was learnt that the ghost figure was none other than “Brahmahatti Dosha” who lived in the king’s body all along. The sage asked the figure to leave the king and move to a tree-hole nearby. Next moment, there was a big fire in the tree and the ghost was reduced to ashes.

Out came the soul of the Brahmin from the ghost figure and fell at the feet of the sage. The king had killed him in his previous birth. The sage had not only relieved the king of his sufferings, but also made the Brahmin to get his original form.

Soon after, a celestial air-craft alighted there to carry the Brahmin’s soul to heaven.

Sage Bhrigu now addressed Somakanta and advised him to listen the story of Lord Vinayaka from him.

“Sri Vinayaka Purana was given to Lord Brahma by Lord Shiva.Ved Vyasa was fortunate to receive it from Brahma. I had the blessing of learning it from Ved Vyasa. You shall be lucky person to get it from me. It will cure you of your disease and give you the immense blessings of Lord Vinayaka.”

The king felt extremely happy and got ready to receive the intellectual gift from the blessed sage Bhrigu.

The divine discourse thus began for the worthy listener.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...