Namaskaram - salutations

Namaskaram - salutations I dedicate my blog to the enormous art lovers across the globe I love knitting so much that I have started a blog for knitting.Knitting is a job that I will like to go on.Through knitting I breathe life into many people's life. It is knitting time. When I want to relax I do it with knitting. I am a knitting buff.I love to do knitting on various topics. There is no way that you can stop me doing knitting.I am born with a flare for knitting.My face brightens once I touch the knitting needs.The electronic media has helped knitting to travel across the world.Every stitch made will talk about how knitting has influenced people.I have done some and would like to share it with you. Some patterns have been taken from free knitting sites. Some designs have been created by me. Many a times I have modified the patterns to suite my requirements. Finally I can say that I breathe knitting, I talk knitting, I walk knitting - a total knitaholic

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your appreciations are most welcome

My sweet buddies

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

5. the gigantic form of Vinayaka

5. The Gigantic form of Vinayaka
From Sri Ganesha Purana by Dr.Akila Sivaraman

Long long ago, there was a big deluge at the end of a Yuga.There was excessive heat all round and the whole universe was wiped out without a trace. Rain continued foe hundreds of years and total silence prevailed everywhere.

Lord Vinayaka, the supreme GOD appeared at this juncture as Vakratunda. The universe was recreated and the great powers- Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva- were also resurrected. Vakratunda’s gorgeous figure made the trimurtis bow at His feet. They had to resume their duties and reconstruct the whole world once again. Brahma will create all creatures with his Vedic knowledge. Vishnu, with his Yogic power will protect them all. Shiva will do the task of annihilation at the end.

Vakratunda sent all the trimurtis into his huge stomach, where they could have a full picture of all the mountains, oceans and earth. Celestial as well as other creatures were found there. The nine planets and eight guardians of all the directions were also present. The five great elements could also be identified.

Once the extent of the universe was visible for the trimurtis, Lord Vinayaka removed the scenes from their sight and brought them out.

Now, Vakratunda ordered Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva to carry on their assignments and disappeared from their presence



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...