Namaskaram - salutations

Namaskaram - salutations I dedicate my blog to the enormous art lovers across the globe I love knitting so much that I have started a blog for knitting.Knitting is a job that I will like to go on.Through knitting I breathe life into many people's life. It is knitting time. When I want to relax I do it with knitting. I am a knitting buff.I love to do knitting on various topics. There is no way that you can stop me doing knitting.I am born with a flare for knitting.My face brightens once I touch the knitting needs.The electronic media has helped knitting to travel across the world.Every stitch made will talk about how knitting has influenced people.I have done some and would like to share it with you. Some patterns have been taken from free knitting sites. Some designs have been created by me. Many a times I have modified the patterns to suite my requirements. Finally I can say that I breathe knitting, I talk knitting, I walk knitting - a total knitaholic

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your appreciations are most welcome

My sweet buddies

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pazam - banana fruits











Banana fruits are must in all Indian houses. Many a times these are given to visitors who visit our house. It is also treated as sallad in our traditional wedddings or any other clebrations. This is one of the ingrediants which go in to make the famous Panchamirtam . This is done in all temples in India and this is the famous prasad [ offering] from all Subramaniaya [Kartik Swamy ] Temples spread across the globe.

Materials
Needles: 3.75 mm [no. 9]
Smalls balls of cream, yello, pale pink and green
Polyester poly frill for stuffing

Banana
Using cream/ pale pink
Cast on 5 sts and k 1 row
Next row: inc in each st [ 10 sts]
K 18 rows
Thread yarn through rem sts, draw up, ans secure

Banana Skin [ make 3]
Using green and yellow
cast on 3 sts and k 1 row
Next row:inc 1 st at each end [ 5 sts]
K 20 rows
Dec 1 st at each end of next row
K 1 row
K3tog, fasten off

Make up
Stitch side seam of banana and fill.
Stitch sides of skin tog for approx half the length
Secure skin to banana

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...