Namaskaram - salutations

Namaskaram - salutations I dedicate my blog to the enormous art lovers across the globe I love knitting so much that I have started a blog for knitting.Knitting is a job that I will like to go on.Through knitting I breathe life into many people's life. It is knitting time. When I want to relax I do it with knitting. I am a knitting buff.I love to do knitting on various topics. There is no way that you can stop me doing knitting.I am born with a flare for knitting.My face brightens once I touch the knitting needs.The electronic media has helped knitting to travel across the world.Every stitch made will talk about how knitting has influenced people.I have done some and would like to share it with you. Some patterns have been taken from free knitting sites. Some designs have been created by me. Many a times I have modified the patterns to suite my requirements. Finally I can say that I breathe knitting, I talk knitting, I walk knitting - a total knitaholic

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your appreciations are most welcome

My sweet buddies

Friday, October 28, 2011

Aakash Kandil - Sky Lamp [ Lantern]

I cannot beleive myself that I was able to create one of my dreams Aaakash Kandil [ Sky -Lantern]. Yes this is a practise in Maharashtra. During dewali almost all houses have this lantern.This is one of the decorative lamps that are hung with a help of a string to a pole or stick. This is placed in the front door of the house or verandah. Since people are staying in apartments - it is hung on the balcony. Hence let us share the spirit of light among ourselves. HAPPY DIWALI

This kandil consists of 12 parts which has been stitched/attatched together. Tutorial will follow

One view

Another view

6 comments:

anna said...

I love the idea of Diwali and am so glad to learn of this tradition! It's so satisfying to be able to make something you really want, with your own hands. Happy Diwali to you!

nityakalyani said...

Thanks Ann for the greetings.The satisfaction one gets when things are made from our hands cannot be explained.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Very innovative nitya

nityakalyani said...

Thanks Vidhya - this is a tradition one finds in Maharashtra

G.AruljothiKarikalan said...

lovely.....

Mira said...

wow! innovative knitting. liked the kandhil. so you had this kandhil to decorate your house this diwali.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...