Namaskaram - salutations

Namaskaram - salutations I dedicate my blog to the enormous art lovers across the globe I love knitting so much that I have started a blog for knitting.Knitting is a job that I will like to go on.Through knitting I breathe life into many people's life. It is knitting time. When I want to relax I do it with knitting. I am a knitting buff.I love to do knitting on various topics. There is no way that you can stop me doing knitting.I am born with a flare for knitting.My face brightens once I touch the knitting needs.The electronic media has helped knitting to travel across the world.Every stitch made will talk about how knitting has influenced people.I have done some and would like to share it with you. Some patterns have been taken from free knitting sites. Some designs have been created by me. Many a times I have modified the patterns to suite my requirements. Finally I can say that I breathe knitting, I talk knitting, I walk knitting - a total knitaholic

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your appreciations are most welcome

My sweet buddies

Saturday, November 5, 2011

The king and the Falcon

The King and His Falcon
Long ago, there lived a king. He loved to go hunting in his free time. The king had a pet falcon. Whenever the king rode into the forest, his falcon would accompany him, perching upon his shoulder. The king loved his falcon very much.

One day, the king went hunting with some of his men. The falcon sat upon his shoulder as usual. Suddenly, the king spotted a deer and was fascinated by its beauty and grace. He quickly got hold of his bow and arrow and prepared to shoot.

But the clever deer sensed the danger, and galloped away. The king and his men chased the deer. But it disappeared in the bushes. The king got down from his horse and rove through the thicket, but in vain. The deer was safely out of the forest.

Faraway, the king was still searching for the deer. Dodging through the bushes, he came upon clearing in the forest. Suddenly, he realized that he had lost his way and his men had fallen back. The only company he had was his falcon.

“ I wish I could get some water to drink!” thought the king. He wandered in search of a lake or pond. Suddenly he saw a small pool of water under a tree. The king was overjoyed. He quickly took out a small bowl and ran towards the pool.

The king filled his bowl with water and brought it to his mouth to drink. Suddenly, the falcon began to flap its wings. “What’s it?” cried the king. The bird snapped at the bowl with its feathers and spilled the water onto the ground.

The king was annoyed. But he did not scold his beloved falcon. He bent down and refilled his bowl. Just as the king was about to drink from the bowl, the falcon began to flap its wings. Once again, it snapped at the bowl and spilled the water.

Now the king became very angry. “I think I have pampered you too much,” he shouted, “Let me teach you a lesson!” And saying this, the king drew out his sword. Just then the falcon began to screech, pointing towards the tree.

The king looked up. And what he saw was really frightening. The branches of the tree were spread in all directions, with hundreds of poisonous snakes coiled up on them. For a moment, the king was frozen with fear and shock.

As the snakes opened their mouth wide, droplets of venom oozed out and dropped in the pool of water under the tree. “Oh, so it is actually a pool of venom!” thought the king. Now he realized why his falcon had not let him drink from the pool.

The king looked at his faithful falcon, tears filled in his eyes. “Thank you, friend,” he said, “You have saved me. I am ashamed I tried to kill you!” The falcon gently rubbed his feathers against the king’s shoulders. Then they happily rode back home.

Source: More Tales from The Arabian Nights - Shree Book Centre

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...