Namaskaram - salutations

Namaskaram - salutations I dedicate my blog to the enormous art lovers across the globe I love knitting so much that I have started a blog for knitting.Knitting is a job that I will like to go on.Through knitting I breathe life into many people's life. It is knitting time. When I want to relax I do it with knitting. I am a knitting buff.I love to do knitting on various topics. There is no way that you can stop me doing knitting.I am born with a flare for knitting.My face brightens once I touch the knitting needs.The electronic media has helped knitting to travel across the world.Every stitch made will talk about how knitting has influenced people.I have done some and would like to share it with you. Some patterns have been taken from free knitting sites. Some designs have been created by me. Many a times I have modified the patterns to suite my requirements. Finally I can say that I breathe knitting, I talk knitting, I walk knitting - a total knitaholic

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your appreciations are most welcome

My sweet buddies

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Red and White cow

The Red and White cow
Peter was most excited because his father and his mother had moved into the country from the town. How different it was! There were green lanes instead of busy streets, big trees instead of tall chimneys, and such a lot of animals and birds to see.

‘There are thirty-two sheep in the fields and six lambs!’ said Peter to his mother. ‘And there are eleven horses at the farm, and I saw two goats this morning and about twelve ducks. I couldn’t count them properly because they wouldn’t stay still. The hens won’t stay still either.

“What about the cows?’ said his mother. ‘Have you counted those?’

‘I don’t like the cows,’ said Peter. ‘They have big horns and they roar at me.’

‘Oh, no,’ said his mother. ‘Lions roar. Cows only moo.’

‘Well, it sounds just like roaring to me,’ said Peter. ‘I don’t like the cows at all. They are my enemies.’

‘They are very good friends!’ said mother. ‘They send you lot of presents.

‘I’ve never seen a present from a cow!’ said Peter.

‘Well, here is one,’ said Mother, and she took down a jug of milk. She poured it out into a mug and gave it to Peter. He drank it.

‘So they came from the cow, did it!’ he said, ‘Well, it was simply lovely!’

At dinner-time Mother put down a dish of stewed apples for Petr. He looked round for the custard that Mother usually made for him. There wasn’t any.

‘The cow has sent you this present instead!’ said Mother – and she gave him a dear little jug full of thick cream. How delicious it was! Peter poured it all over his apples; they tasted much nicer than usual.

‘So that came from the cow, too!’ said the little boy. ‘Well, it must be a very kind animal!’

At tea-time Mother pit the loaf of bread on the table. Peter was surprised. Usually there were slices of bread and butter.

Mother put down a blue dish on which there were little rolls of new-made yellow butter.

‘A present from the cow again!’ she said, and laughed, ‘You can spread your present yourself on slices of bread for a treat!’

‘Goodness me! said Peter. ‘What a nice friendly creature the cow is! I won’t hate it any more or frightened of it.’

‘I should think not!’ said Mother. ‘Look, Peter – the cow has sent me a present too!’

Mother lifted up the lid of the cheese-dish, and underneath Peter saw a big lump of orange- coloured cheese. Mother cut herself a piece, and said it was delicious.

‘I shall go and stand on the gate that leads to the cow field and say thank you to the cows!’ said Peter. ‘I didn’t know they were so kind!’

And now he isn’t a bit afraid of them, and he likes them very much. He says they are his friends, not his enemies. What do you say?

source: Five O’clock Tales – Enid Blyton – EuroKids International

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...