Namaskaram - salutations

Namaskaram - salutations I dedicate my blog to the enormous art lovers across the globe I love knitting so much that I have started a blog for knitting.Knitting is a job that I will like to go on.Through knitting I breathe life into many people's life. It is knitting time. When I want to relax I do it with knitting. I am a knitting buff.I love to do knitting on various topics. There is no way that you can stop me doing knitting.I am born with a flare for knitting.My face brightens once I touch the knitting needs.The electronic media has helped knitting to travel across the world.Every stitch made will talk about how knitting has influenced people.I have done some and would like to share it with you. Some patterns have been taken from free knitting sites. Some designs have been created by me. Many a times I have modified the patterns to suite my requirements. Finally I can say that I breathe knitting, I talk knitting, I walk knitting - a total knitaholic

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your appreciations are most welcome

My sweet buddies

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Glossary - Basic Knitting Abbreviations

Basic abbreviations

alt. - alternate
approx - approximately
beg. - beginning
bet - between
BO - bind off
CA - color A
CB - color B
cc - contrasting color
ch - chain
cm - centimetre
cn - cable needle
CO - cast on
cont. - continue
dec. - decrease
dpn - double pointed needles
fl - front loop[s]
foll. - following
folls. - follows
g - gram
g.stitch - garter stitch
in - inch [es]
inc. - increase
incl. - inclusive
k - knit
k2tog - knit 2 stitches together
kwise - knit wise
k1b - knit one below
KB1- knit into back of next stitch
LH - left hand
lp[s] - loop[s]
m - meter
m1 - make one
m1 p-st - make 1 purl stitch
m3 - make 3 stitches
M.St. - moss stitch
MC - main color
mm - millimeter
oz - ounce[s]
P - purl
pm - place marker
pop - popcorn
p2tog - purl 2 stitches together
prev - previous
pwise - purl wise
patt. - pattern
p.s.s.o. - pass slipped stitch over
pb1 - purl into back of next stitch
rem - remaining
rep. - repeat
rev St st - reverse stockinette stitch
RH - right hand
rnd[s] - round[s]
RS - right side
sl. - slip
sk - skip
skp - slip knit,pass stitch over - one stitch decreased
sk2p - slip1, knit 2 together, pass slip stitch over the knit 2 together 2 stitches decrased
ssk - slip, slip, knit these 2 stitches together - a decrease
sssk - slip, slip, slip. knit 3 stitches together
sl1k - slip 1 knitwise
sl1p - slip 1 purlwise
st. - stitch
St. St. - stocking stitch/ stockinetter stitch
sl st - slip stitch[es]
tbl. - through back of the loop
tog. - together
yd[s] - yard[s]
yb - yarn between two needles to back
yfwd - yarn forward
yf - yarn between two needles to forwaed[front]
yrn - yarn around needle
Yfon - yarn forward and over needle
Yfrn - yarn forward and round needle
yo - yarn over
Yon - yarn over needle
WS - wrong side
wyib - with yarn in back
wuif - with yarn in front
W&T - wrap and turn for working short rows
[] - work instructions within brackets as many times as directed
() - work instructions within parentheses in the place directed
** - repeat instructions following the asterisks as directed
* repeat instructions following the single asterisk as directed
" - inch [es]

Source: Harmony Guides

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...