Namaskaram - salutations

Namaskaram - salutations I dedicate my blog to the enormous art lovers across the globe I love knitting so much that I have started a blog for knitting.Knitting is a job that I will like to go on.Through knitting I breathe life into many people's life. It is knitting time. When I want to relax I do it with knitting. I am a knitting buff.I love to do knitting on various topics. There is no way that you can stop me doing knitting.I am born with a flare for knitting.My face brightens once I touch the knitting needs.The electronic media has helped knitting to travel across the world.Every stitch made will talk about how knitting has influenced people.I have done some and would like to share it with you. Some patterns have been taken from free knitting sites. Some designs have been created by me. Many a times I have modified the patterns to suite my requirements. Finally I can say that I breathe knitting, I talk knitting, I walk knitting - a total knitaholic

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your appreciations are most welcome

My sweet buddies

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Health benefits of Jackfruit - Queen of fruits

This is an article I found in TOI - Chennai edition dt May 26,2011- written by KAShaji -TNN - which will be usefull to all . It talks about the the fruit Jacfruit which is a must for people of Kerala. It is rightly called as QUEEN of fruits

The benefits are

1. With simple sugars including fructose and sucrose.It replenishes energy and revitalizes the body instantly.

2.Rich in dietry fibre,which helps protect the colon mucous membrane and prevents cancer

3. An excellant source for Vitamin A which is a poweful anti-oxidant,essential for vision.Vitamin A is essential to maintain the integrity of mucus membrane and skin. It also boosts immunity.

4.Rich in antioxidant flavonoids including B cartene and lutein - which have been found to be protective against colon,prostate,breast, endometrial, lung and pancreatic cancers.

5.Contains the important B-complex group of vitamins.Has high amounts of B-6 [pyridoxine], niacin, riboflavin and folic acid.

6.A good source for Vitamin C also an antioxidant.This vitamin helps body develop resistance against infectious agents.

7. A good source of potassium, magnesium, manganese and iron. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that help control heart rate and blood pleasure.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...