Namaskaram - salutations

Namaskaram - salutations I dedicate my blog to the enormous art lovers across the globe I love knitting so much that I have started a blog for knitting.Knitting is a job that I will like to go on.Through knitting I breathe life into many people's life. It is knitting time. When I want to relax I do it with knitting. I am a knitting buff.I love to do knitting on various topics. There is no way that you can stop me doing knitting.I am born with a flare for knitting.My face brightens once I touch the knitting needs.The electronic media has helped knitting to travel across the world.Every stitch made will talk about how knitting has influenced people.I have done some and would like to share it with you. Some patterns have been taken from free knitting sites. Some designs have been created by me. Many a times I have modified the patterns to suite my requirements. Finally I can say that I breathe knitting, I talk knitting, I walk knitting - a total knitaholic

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your appreciations are most welcome

My sweet buddies

Monday, January 2, 2012

The Story of a Tigress

The Story of a Tigress

It was not long ago that Bodhisattva was once again born as a scholar. He became an ascetic and had mastered all the scriptures. Hence he had a number of followers and Ajita was a disciple. As they were walking in the forest, Bodhisattva saw a hungry tigress. The tigress was so hungry that she was going to eat her own cubs. This act of the tigress moved Bodhisattva and he decided to offer, himself as food to the tigress. He also knew that his disciple will not allow him, hence he requested Ajita to go to their cottage and get some food. As soon Ajita left, Bodhisattva stood in front of the Tigress. The Tigress being hungry tore the Bodhisattva into pieces, and along with her cubs had a great feast. When Akita returned with food, he was shocked to see his master’s blood stained clothes lying aside, and cried his heart out. He was shocked and moved. He returned to his quarters and started to narrate how his master sacrificed his life due to compassion. From that day onwards Ajita started to live a life with full of compassion and charity.

Source: 365 Jataka Tales- Om Books International

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...